Now Chewable Papaya Enzymes
- Digestive enzymes to help digest proteins
- Aids in food digestion by breaking down protein, starch, fat, and fibre
- Chewable Digestive Enzyme
- Source of antioxidants that help protect against cell damage caused by free radicals.
- With Mint and Chlorophyll for fresh breath
- Vegetarian / Vegan
Digestive enzymes are essential to the body's absorption and full use of food. The capacity of the body to make enzymes diminishes with age, and therefore the efficiency of digestion declines. NOW® Papaya Enzyme Lozenges have a refreshing taste and support digestion when taken after meals. Now tablets are made from whole, unripe, spray-dried Papaya powder, and contain 40 mg of Papaya per Lozenge. Bromelain has been extracted from pineapples to add further digestive help for protein and fats. Both papya and pineapple also provide a source of naturally-occuring antioxidants that can be protective in the digestive tract and body. In addition, Protease, Lipase and Cellulase have been included for a full spectrum of enzymatic activity to help digest protein, starch, fat and fibre. This lozenge may also be useful as a breath freshener.