Alora Naturals Liquid Vitamin D3 1000IU
- Maintains bone, joint and muscle health
- Supports the brain and nervous system
- In a convenient fast absorbing liquid state
- Stored in glass bottle with dropper
- Supports the health of mother and child during pregnancy and lactation
- Strengthens the immune system
- Reduces the risk of cancer
Called the sunshine vitamin, vitamin D is formed naturally in the skin by exposure to sunlight. But when an individual does not get enough sun exposure, their body cannot make sufficient vitamin D. Vitamin D supplementation is especially important because it’s hard to get enough during our long, dark northern winters.
Vitamin D is a vitamin and hormone that stimulates the body to absorb calcium, and it is needed to keep bones strong. People deficient in vitamin D levels tend to have softer, thin bones, predisposing them to fractures. Vitamin D is especially important for the elderly because of their difficulty synthesizing vitamin D from sunlight as some medications interfere with vitamin D absorption.